Considering Second N2 (maybe N2 Plus?)

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
checktest

Considering Second N2 (maybe N2 Plus?)

Postby checktest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I bought my current N2 in June 2016, and it works well for me. I did some basic mods, including the Bondtech extruder. I'm now considering buying another N2, or an N2 Plus, single extruder only this time. Is there any way to buy either directly from Raise3D with the Bondtech extruder upgrade already installed? That would be ideal.

Have there been any significant improvements to the machine since I purchased my current one, beyond the ones listed here: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/important-updates-on-raise3d-n-series-printer Not sure when that list was posted, but I feel like not long after I got my machine, and I have most of the items listed there.

Also, while it would be nice to have the two printers be very similar to each other for simplicity, are there any major upgrades or new versions coming out soon that I should consider waiting for?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Considering Second N2 (maybe N2 Plus?)

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

We only sell standard product with all origin parts from our factory.
For the improvement, due to stocking, manufacturing and very long shipping time, it will be a little hard to say.
If the current one is around last year June, then it must have V2 hotend.
And we have upgraded heating rod, thermocouple, touchscreen board, reset button, cover of motion board case for bettering cooling, the second LED strip guess these might not be used on your current machine. And upgrade some parts to be molding to ensure more accurate size.

checktest

Re: Considering Second N2 (maybe N2 Plus?)

Postby checktest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:10 pm

So, over a year and still missing badly needed improvements like easier bed leveling, filament monitor, dedicated fan and duct for better downward cooling, fans that can turn off when not printing, or a stock extruder that doesn't grind filament and jam. That last one is sad since there's already a bolt on Bondtech solution available, but many people aren't up for doing that install and it would be easy for R3D to do during assembly. That's not the way to keep up with Type A, Fusion3, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love R3D. It's because I love them and the printer that it's so frustrating to see some of these major items go unaddressed.

Return to “General”