Working with Raisecloud

SchMax

Working with Raisecloud

Postby SchMax » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm

hello@all!

maybe i just don't get it, but i find it very unintuitive working in raisecloud... maybe it's because we only have one raise3D printer, and its much faster just to load the files we want to print directly via ethernet to the printer..
idk..
can other people share how they work with raisecloud and which/how many steps you need to do to start a print in comparison to sending a printjob directly via ideamaker?

the only feature that is really used by me is monitoring the printer via internet from home.. that works fine!
Raise3D Pro2
Flashforge Finder

3D Printing of Architecture Models

john

Re: Working with Raisecloud

Postby john » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 am

Hey guys, my team joined RC Beta test
In total, we own 27 R3D printers, both N and Pro. We find suuuper convenience from RC. Honestly, I have to say there is still a lot space for improvement. Most significant defect for my team is the slicing engine in RC. We have used ideaMaker for thousands of models and it is BRILLIANT. Current slicing in RC, well, seems like still in developing stage. It provides basic features and very rough interface. After all, this is just Beta. More can be expected for next version. We do want smartphone APP to facilitate remote control. Many of us need to leave office quite often.
1.png

@SchMax, Here is my experience:
We run RC and R3D printers for small batch production, and it only takes us 3 steps to assign printing job.
1. We created model library in TeamFile. (We finished slicing in ideaMaker before upload into TeamFile)
2.png

2. Our printing engineers create Job according to Order. Personally I think automatic mode is awesome. Sometimes we need 4-5 printers to run one order simultaneously, 20 copies in total. In automatic mode, all tasks are assigned with just one click.
3.png

3. The rest for us is to pick up model and touch Finish on screens.

Whole process is very short, I love this function.

In additional, Live Status Wall and Popup View of Printer Camera are quite handy, suggest to have a try. I can watch all printing process in office meanwhile do other work. Super great!
4.png

5.png

SchMax

Postby SchMax » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 am

of course - with that much printers and small batch production all of that makes more sense to me..
are you planning on slicing in raisecloud as well when it improved? because slicing in IM and exporting it to RC seems a bit tedious to me..? :-)

as we only print architectural model for presentation (always only 1 piece) or design variations all that stuff RC has to offer is a bit over the edge for our purpose.

but still - the monitoring features are quite nice!
Raise3D Pro2
Flashforge Finder

3D Printing of Architecture Models

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:18 am

RaiseCloud is currently a beta version and we are developing the transmission channel between ideaMaker and RaiseCloud. It will be very convenient if you want to transfer your .gcode file to RaiseCloud once this function being acheived.
Thank you for your comments on our products.

Return to “RaiseCloud”