Right Extruder Printing

dinogoal

Right Extruder Printing

Postby dinogoal » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:39 pm

I have a damaged left extruder side and was looking to print with the right extruder only. I know the Pro2 "lifts" the nozzle not in use. I know I can remove the left nozzle assembly to run with only one extruder, but it would be much easier to just lower the right extruder, leaving the left in tact. Does anyone know how to lower the left nozzle (or "lift" the right one) to print with only that extruder?
Thanks!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Right Extruder Printing

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 pm

As Pro2 has auto-lifting system, you can directly slice a file using only one side. The other side won't affect printing as it will lift up when the other one is printing.

If you want to adjust the physical height of the two hot-end, here is the instruction:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1069/ ... 2358962206

dinogoal

Postby dinogoal » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks for the response Vicky. I understand that when I am printing with the right extruder, the left extruder should lift up and simultaneously the right extruder should extend down. This is not happening. The right extruder does not lower (and the left does not raise) when I go to print, but filament does come out of the right extruder.

I actually removed the left extruder, set the height to the right extruder, and then reprinted the file, only to have the right extruder lower down this time (after a second or so into the print) and scratch the hell out of the BuildTek (and maybe the aluminum bed underneath).

I've tried this multiple times and cannot get the right extruder to lower down when it should. Help! I am pretty frustrated at this point, as I am only trying to do this because the left extruder jammed up so badly that I need to take everything apart to remove it.

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:31 pm

dinogoal wrote:I have a damaged left extruder side and was looking to print with the right extruder only. I know the Pro2 "lifts" the nozzle not in use. I know I can remove the left nozzle assembly to run with only one extruder, but it would be much easier to just lower the right extruder, leaving the left in tact. Does anyone know how to lower the left nozzle (or "lift" the right one) to print with only that extruder?
Thanks!

If you're having trouble getting the right one to lower via any command you may need to instruct the printer to first lower the already lowered left extruder. Then issue the command to lower the right extruder.

The Pro2 starts up thinking the right extruder is lowered, so any initial command to lower the right extruder is ignored by the printer until you tell it to lower the left extruder first.

dinogoal

Postby dinogoal » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks Bill! I was able to get the right nozzle to finally lower by going through the unloading/loading filament routine. Funny thing is using the tuning menu to activate the right nozzle and extrude filament did not lower the right extruder, but loading/unloading filament did. For anyone else having this problem: Raise stated that this is a known bug that they are working through.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 pm

If your loading can lower the right nozzle, but print cannot, please shoot us a support ticket at help.raise3d.com
We have a beta firmware there may need you to help test.

Return to “Pro2 Series”