Tramming screw missing on center point

HouseMonster

Tramming screw missing on center point

Postby HouseMonster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Checking with other Pro series owners. I have a missing center screw that pulls the bed down on the center point. All other positions have that center screw. I wanted to know if this is the case with everyone else. When Tramming my bed I have a hump in the middle of the bed because of this. Doesn't seem accurate to me. as there is a screw hole.

Korni

Re: Tramming screw missing on center point

Postby Korni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Picture please .... ?
Pro2+ Image

HouseMonster

Postby HouseMonster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:10 pm

You can see compared to the other screws its missing the middle one.
Attachments
IMG_7745.JPG

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Just as with me (Pro2 Plus) :roll: :-(
To photograph it would have been easier if you had the builtak plate removed, because you see the hole in the middle of the top ... ;)
Pro2+ Image

HouseMonster

Postby HouseMonster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks for the confirmation.

OsoVerde

Postby OsoVerde » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:50 am

HouseMonster wrote:Checking with other Pro series owners. I have a missing center screw that pulls the bed down on the center point. All other positions have that center screw. I wanted to know if this is the case with everyone else. When Tramming my bed I have a hump in the middle of the bed because of this. Doesn't seem accurate to me. as there is a screw hole.

mine was missing as well... probably by design - if you have manually leveled your bed I imagine that you noticed that the middle row of screws usually just bends the lower plate rather than changing the shape of the build plate surface.

the "hump" you noticed in the middle is more likely caused by sag in the extruder rails than anything on the build plate. I leveled mine using a glass sheet (about as flat as you can get for non-lab environments) in place of the metal/buildtak sheet to avoid any warping and the best I could do was .004" of sag in the center, .0001" deviation when tracing a 280mm perimeter along the outside.

Return to “Pro2 Series”