Cold nozzles reading 240° C

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Cold nozzles reading 240° C

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:33 am

For our board, the max limitation temperature we set as heating protection is 330C, not 240C. Which means the output of protection is always 3.3v, not 2.4v.
We don't use the full range of AD597, but taking from 0 to 3.3V should be already enough to support heating of our printers.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:36 am

TheDude wrote:Vicky,

We really need some firm and final root cause, interim and permanent corrective actions ASAP please.

Please advise Raise’s timeline on this as many of us will otherwise have to move the path of Jetguy in that no response or slow response means no solutions coming.

I suspect that several of the “jams” being reported by us on other threads are fully or in part directly related to this issue, vs chasing cooling fans, etc that may make the problem worse.

If raise stands up and provides the above in full commitment to solve the problem, we’ll rally behind you, else we have to walk and advise others the same.

Thanks for your prompt attention in advance!

We are currently working firmware.
And we have already added extra fixture for the connector of ribbon cable on extruder board in case loose connection during printing.
For any customer who meets thermal fluctuation issue, especially early batches before adding extra fixture please reconnect the ribbon cable first to ensure it has been connected well. If it does not help, please contact our technicians to figure the problem parts.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:06 am

Vicky,

Please advise what "extra fixture" means. Have you made a design change that should be rolled out as a service / warranty item? Please advise.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:07 am

Vicky,

Please advise what "extra fixture" means. Have you made a design change that should be rolled out as a service / warranty item? How we check if we have this "extra fixture" not on early batches. How do we tell if we're early batches?

More questions than answers, so please help.

Thank you.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:36 am

With the most recent answer, not only is the Pro2 a dead end issue. I feel sorry for any customer who has fallen for the marketing and hype and bought into this printer and now you have to live with the limitations and design decisions. Apparently Raise 3D has no intentions of acknowledging any concerns discovered during this technical review. Now more than ever, if you are considering a Raise 3D pick up one of the remaining N series or a used N series that someone dumped to buy a Pro2 series, you'll be the winner in that equation. We as an open source community can support you, we can provide you with safety margins, we know the electronics and have open source firmware. This Pro2 thing is junk as far as a I'm concerned and that's the final words on that. Buy one at your own risk, because this is just one of the problem areas- the electronics and firmware. We aren't even touching the hotend and other details in this topic.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 pm

TheDude wrote:Vicky,

Please advise what "extra fixture" means. Have you made a design change that should be rolled out as a service / warranty item? How we check if we have this "extra fixture" not on early batches. How do we tell if we're early batches?

More questions than answers, so please help.

Thank you.

Please check out the pictures attached in the following link.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9746&start=40#p36280

We add an extra fixture at the end of the cable chain to fix the ribbon cable with zip tie so that its connector won't get loose easily during printing.
We are glad to share the STL file of this part if anyone would like to add it onto printer.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:42 pm

So, how do we get the new parts for our machine if we do not have it? Surely this is a warranty based part you will provide to ensure issue resolution...

Please advise.

firesped

Postby firesped » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 am

my question is, is this a loose cable in the socket or that the JST connectors were not crimped properly? do the wires pull out of the connects would be my question?

if the issue is a loose cable in the socket, i would try removing the first link cover of the cable chain. I did that on my N2 and I have not had it come loose since.

if it is a JST issue, you might want to replace the JST connectors.

either way, find out what the support desk wants you to do as you don't want to void your warranty on your expensive printers.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:43 pm

TheDude wrote:So, how do we get the new parts for our machine if we do not have it? Surely this is a warranty based part you will provide to ensure issue resolution...

Please advise.

If your printer doesn't have the plastic part with zip tie shown in my picture, please submit a support ticket to contact us with a picture of your extruder board and ribbon cable.
Our technicians will help verify whether your printer needs extra fixture or not.
2.png

2.jpg

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:36 am

Raise3D must be able to find out from the serial number WHO is affected?
Pro2+ Image

Ilia T

Postby Ilia T » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Yesterday we printed 8 hours work with eSun PLA filament and it has been jammed. I do not know what exactly happened since I did not watch the printer work. We have cable fixture on our 3D printer. It printed about 80% of the part with no issues and then it had been jammed. Software algorithm which will track and analyze temperature behavior would be very helpful with troubleshooting.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Ilia T wrote:Yesterday we printed 8 hours work with eSun PLA filament and it has been jammed. I do not know what exactly happened since I did not watch the printer work. We have cable fixture on our 3D printer. It printed about 80% of the part with no issues and then it had been jammed. Software algorithm which will track and analyze temperature behavior would be very helpful with troubleshooting.

Do you still have any original filament coming together with your printer to run a test print?

Ilia T

Postby Ilia T » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, we have Raise3D premium filament. We printed 2 big parts with Raise3D premium filament after that eSun filament print and they were printed with no issues.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:27 am

Ilia T wrote:Yes, we have Raise3D premium filament. We printed 2 big parts with Raise3D premium filament after that eSun filament print and they were printed with no issues.

May I ask some picture of the print result of test cube by Raise3D Premium PLA with ideaMaker standard default setting?

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Vicky, you need to stop asking people about material types and gcode etc.. you need to acknowledge the issues constantly reported by all of us Pro users and come up with a fix, and stop asking people to open a ticket, thats valid when one or two people have rare issues, but the same bloody issue reported by 10's of people is definatly an indication of bad design that requires a revision update. look at this thread for example, how many people already reported the same issue, and add to the others that reported the same problem but started their own threads.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:51 am

Naser404 wrote:Vicky, you need to stop asking people about material types and gcode etc.. you need to acknowledge the issues constantly reported by all of us Pro users and come up with a fix, and stop asking people to open a ticket, thats valid when one or two people have rare issues, but the same bloody issue reported by 10's of people is definatly an indication of bad design that requires a revision update. look at this thread for example, how many people already reported the same issue, and add to the others that reported the same problem but started their own threads.

We are doing some internal test and developing in labs.
So we want to get as much as information about the failures user meet, to see whether we can recreate with different designs and solutions.
Or is it due to some other issues we haven't located yet.

hab

Postby hab » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:02 pm

I own a Pro2. I first opened a ticket about wild temperature swings on June 19th. This also led to extruder jams and failed prints. I finally traced this to the 14pin connector and after re-plugging, it I had several successful prints. The next ticket I opened was about the filament sensor sending false filament out reports, the response I received made me give up in disgust. Since then I gave the Pro2 a review of 2 out of 5 on my vendors site and said it was not worth the money. Now the vendor is trying to work with me.
My pro2 did not use ribbon cable but a bundle of twisted pairs. If I unplug and re-plug the connector I can sometimes get a successful print. It seems to depend on the fill pattern, and how violent the shaking of the print-head. Maybe a stress release that isolates the connector from the vibration would, work but I do not believe the zip ties can do it. (based on 40Years engineering experience)
I do think that tracking temperature overshoot with immediate pause could save prints, but is just a stopgap measure until fully isolating the connector from the jerking caused by printing.

hab

Postby hab » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:10 pm

On my pro2 I can see cold temperatures that vary from 50C to 250C. I usually do something about it before It would get that high. The only time I have seen 330C is when I deliberately disconnected a thermocouple. My fix is re-plugging the 14pin connector on the amplifier board. I expect this to wear the connector out. This is getting very old.

Ilia T

Postby Ilia T » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Ilia T wrote:Yes, we have Raise3D premium filament. We printed 2 big parts with Raise3D premium filament after that eSun filament print and they were printed with no issues.

May I ask some picture of the print result of test cube by Raise3D Premium PLA with ideaMaker standard default setting?

Hello. Here is test cube print I did today with Raise 3D Premium Gray PLA filament and with standard default settings in IdeaMaker.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 pm

hab wrote:I own a Pro2. I first opened a ticket about wild temperature swings on June 19th. This also led to extruder jams and failed prints. I finally traced this to the 14pin connector and after re-plugging, it I had several successful prints. The next ticket I opened was about the filament sensor sending false filament out reports, the response I received made me give up in disgust. Since then I gave the Pro2 a review of 2 out of 5 on my vendors site and said it was not worth the money. Now the vendor is trying to work with me.
My pro2 did not use ribbon cable but a bundle of twisted pairs. If I unplug and re-plug the connector I can sometimes get a successful print. It seems to depend on the fill pattern, and how violent the shaking of the print-head. Maybe a stress release that isolates the connector from the vibration would, work but I do not believe the zip ties can do it. (based on 40Years engineering experience)
I do think that tracking temperature overshoot with immediate pause could save prints, but is just a stopgap measure until fully isolating the connector from the jerking caused by printing.

The reason why we add Zip Tie is for tighten the extra length of the cable so that the plug has no chance to move from the terminal even during movement of extruder.

Return to “Pro2 Series”