Cold nozzles reading 240° C

Lorenzo

Cold nozzles reading 240° C

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:31 am

Hello,

Just noticed this morning that my Pro2+ printer's nozzle temperatures are shown to be at 246° C in the touchscreen under utilities tab, but when I touch them they are cold. This proves problematic as I need to unload my filament to load in a different color for our production facility, but I can't as the unload temperature for my PLA should be below 210° C. When I try to unload, the temperature reading does not drop.

Please advice on what to do as it is quite urgent that I deliver the needed tools for our production department in a timely manner.

Kind regards,

Lorenzo

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Cold nozzles reading 240° C

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Please take a picture of your extruder board which is located beside your extruder, hiding behind a printed cover with Raise3D logo, under cable chain.

Or shoot us a support ticket at help.raise3d.com.

Please do not heat your printer temporary until we find the issue, as your nozzles are not read proper temperature now.

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:15 am

Similar issue here: Have been using my Pro2 for the last couple of weeks successfully but now my left and right extruder both read 330 and the print bed 60. I have set all three to 0 but doesn't seem to matter. Have powered off and on and no change. Print bed is warm but extruders are not. In the process of getting the "extruder board" picture as you asked above I bumped the wire harness and the temperatures updated correctly. I've gently moved the different wires and it seems to work correctly so I'm not sure which was loose. Is there a particular connection on that board I should reseat and verify it's connected well?

IMG_1649.jpeg
Last edited by DavidBarwin on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:22 am

Now that I think about it I did have several print jobs in the last day that had issues in the middle that looked like the extruder had temporarily stopped extruding and I thought it was a filament issue but I'm guessing now that it was the connection that was working loose that was causing this? I'm going to check board connections and do another test. I'm still interested in knowing where on the extruder PCB those connections would be. Kind Regards, - David

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Ran a 12 hour job without issue and the readings stay correct. Must have been a loose connection..... -David

Lorenzo

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:57 am

Hello,

Going to try and reseat the connectors, thanks for the picture David, will take the picture as well just before reseating and checking.

kind regards,

Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:29 am

Seems reseating the connectors fixed the problem for me as well. :)

Kind regards,

Lorenzo

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Have the same problem from time to time. Please Raise what cable can make the Problem?
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Just Had this problem too, ill check my wire connection too.

This printer is showing that its more problematic then the N2, a real shame from Raise, they had a good reputation and now they are not even active to answer our concerns and provide an upgrade to solve these issue.
Attachments
IMG_1374.jpg

Return to “Pro2 Series”