z probe/sensor upgrade

simon

z probe/sensor upgrade

Postby simon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 am

Is anyone else having problems with the z-offset when switching between material with different bed temperatures?

I print mainly in PLA and ABS on the same Pro2 but when switching between the 60c and 100c bed temperatures the z-offset changes. I also believe the levelling changes slightly with the temperature change but this isn't so much of an issue... Having to adjust the z-offset every time I change material is becoming a pain.

This is the only thing that currently lets down this otherwise great printer. I think some kind of z probe/sensor upgrade is needed. The machine should really be checking the z-offset once it is up to temperature just prior to printing.

Shelton

Re: z probe/sensor upgrade

Postby Shelton » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Is almost 0,2 mm difference between room temp and 100 C.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 pm

I've seen the stuff on the BLTouch on the N2 - has anyone done this for the Pro2? I'm about to take delivery of one and I am very spoiled by my bombproof BLTouch on my current printer. Does the Pro2 also use Marlin?

I'm willing to design the mounts and modify and guinea pig the FW if someone will help out pointing me in the right directions - pretty familiar with Marlin, auto leveling and the BLTouch's - been using them now for over a year and every day and every print is first level goodness. Really confused why manufacturers would not use or emulate this very simple, cheap and reliable design. Certainly using a Hall effect sensor and a solenoid has been applied in enumerable devices. To my knowledge there is nothing out there that comes close in accuracy and precision on any surface hot or cold.

-john

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Pro2 is not using open-source firmware, so I believe BL touch is not able to be added into the firmware for it.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Are there any plans to implement any sort of autoleveling on the pro 2? Given all the complaints about bed leveling issues on this forum, I would think it would be at the top of the developments team's list of to do's? Can we at least have a solution for the BLTouch if raise doesn't want to design their own system? We're talking about a few lines of code here....

-john

Russ406

Postby Russ406 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey guys,

just a side note, but the reason you will see (and have to check) your offset at different bed temps is because of thermal expansion. Anytime you change the bed temp you should check your offset.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:00 pm

I haven't got any clear plan to involve auto-leveling into Pro2 series. Will feedback your thoughts to the developing team. Maybe they can see whether it is possible to bring it to reality in future generation products.

simon

Postby simon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I haven't got any clear plan to involve auto-leveling into Pro2 series. Will feedback your thoughts to the developing team. Maybe they can see whether it is possible to bring it to reality in future generation products.

I think it would be a good idea to get a clear plan....quickly.
I don't believe auto levelling is actually needed but the fluctuation of z-offset depending on bed temperature should be addressed. It is a pretty annoying to have to setup the Z-offset every time a different material is loaded. A solution to incorporate BLTouch or similar just to set the z-offset would make this machine perfect.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:28 am

Right idea

bunnynnubxo

Postby bunnynnubxo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:20 am

I plead for auto-leveling. Raise3d your technology is way behind in this department.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Second, third and fourth that - implement some sort of auto-leveling option AND the ability to adjust z offset on the fly in micro steps from the touch screen - I could do all of this with an aging 8biit rambo 1.4 and Marlin - it's a pity to have such a well made 32 bit machine held back by poor software.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 pm

I will collect all the feedbacks to developing team.

Return to “Pro2 Series”