Bed Level Issues

Zoidsfan77

Bed Level Issues

Postby Zoidsfan77 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Greetings!
I know, another bed level thread...
I own an Raise3D Pro2+, and have never been able to get the bed level. No matter what I do, there is a high spot in the center of the bed. At first I thought it was just rod sag due to the anemic 8mm rods (I'm sure that contributes to the issue). I placed a flat piece of machined steel on the center, and it does rock just slightly. Interestingly, there is no center bolt in the middle (assume for a good reason, although I don't know why).

My questions are this: Can I install a bolt in the center to pull the middle down? Is this a bad idea? Why isn't there one from the OEM?
Are there bed level mods out there for the Pro2 that are better than the OEM system? I have thought about adding stiff springs around the adjustment bolts and getting rid of the set screws (I think I saw something similar done on the N2). That would at least make adjustments easier.

I appreciate the advice.
Attachments
2019-01-07 14.21.46.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Bed Level Issues

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:42 am

Have you tried with measuring on the real build surface not on heated bed directly? Whether it has the same result or not?

Shelton

Re: Bed Level Issues

Postby Shelton » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 am

The same issue everywhere. Welcome in Raise bed issue club. I have the same. Try to measure cold and warm also and you see another miracle ;) the mountain structure is changing ;) Bed should be redesigned also.

Return to “Pro2 Series”