Strange phenomenon ...

Korni

Strange phenomenon ...

Postby Korni » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello,

today I had strange problems ...

For the first time I created an object with S3D, copied it to a USB stick and started printing.
I printed with the right nozzle.

After about 4 layers, I suddenly got a print stop because the filament sensor didn't notice any filament although a fresh roll of original Raise3D filament was loaded. The red LED from the right runout sensor was lit star red.
I tried to cancel the print completely and unload and reload the filament first. The filament was not discharged or only about 1 mm. Since I did not get the filament out (got stuck in the extruder), I switched the Pro2 off and on again. After a new attempt to unload I got a "Serial Error".

IMG_7569.JPG

I did not get the error deleted. The filament could not be unloaded.
I have no choice but to reset the Pro2 (the first time after the latest FW and RaiseTouch update).
After that the filament was unloaded.
I made a new attempt to print the object from the USB stick, it worked without problems.

But now my question .... what was going on here? Why the Filament Error, why the Serial Error ?
Is a capital hardware error on the horizon ? Was the missing reset to blame ? S3D ?
........... ?

THX
Pro2+ Image

Shelton

Re: Strange phenomenon ...

Postby Shelton » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Try to switch off the sensor from the main touch panel...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 pm

If you run-out sensor mistriggered with filament loaded properly, please open the sensor cover and check whether you can find anything abnormal. And reinstall the cover, if it doesn't help, please reach to our technicians.
For the serial error, have you checked the connection of communication cable between motion controller board and screen board? Random serial error might be due to poor connection of cable.

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Would we like to do IF Raise3D had informative videos or PDF's (in German) .... but since they are still NOT available, we do NOT know how?
Pro2+ Image

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm

You can reach to our technician from http://help.raise3d.com. They will have more detailed instructions in English or they can help you reach to our sales partners who can speak German.

Return to “Pro2 Series”