FilaFlex filament is not possible to print?

Dan Rog

FilaFlex filament is not possible to print?

Postby Dan Rog » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:09 pm

I have the pro2 and want to print with FilaFlex.
When I load the filament into the printer, the filament doesn´t come out of the nozzle.
It was impossible to move the filament. I had to open the side of the extruder (lid, at the screw with the spring) and cute the filament.
Deckel.JPG
lid that I mean (at the left side of printing head)

The filament looks like a knot (Picture:Filament).
FilaFlex.JPG
filament

Why does this happens and how can I fix that problem?

bunnynnubxo

Re: FilaFlex filament is not possible to print?

Postby bunnynnubxo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am

It would be so helpful if Raise3d would submit a response/help in a in a more responsible time frame.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 pm

It depends on many factors. Did you set temperature correctly? When are you loading? Isn't too low? Next, this is soft rubber kind material? How soft? Very soft? Could you describe? I don't know this one... so I'm asking. Set spring extruder screw wit very low tension. Set temp, and try to switch off retraction in Idea Maker.

AFTECH

Postby AFTECH » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 am

Hello i've got the same problem
I've tried lots of things and i've seen that our extruder is not made to print this kind of filament (even if my seller told me that pro2 was compatible with every thing and was able to go on Mars and come back to earth without problem)
Inside the extruder there's no guide for the filament so at each retractation the filament will go everywhere he wants and get stuck like on your picture.
If you disable the retractation the filament will go on sinking while you change the layer so the part will be awful.
I hope someday we will be able to print it because i've bought this filament in order to print a prothesis and i'm not yet able to print it

Return to “Pro2 Series”