Pro2 Temperature Fluctuations/Jams

Mattrick2oo3

Pro2 Temperature Fluctuations/Jams

Postby Mattrick2oo3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:46 pm

I've seen several posts about the 14 pin cable connector causing an issue with inconsistent heating.

My problem is as follows:

1- Heating left nozzle via touch screen to 215 and wiggling connectors has no change (tried every one of them).
2-Ramdomly in the middle of a print the temperature can fluctuate with reading anywhere from 195-300°C according to touch screen.
3-Temperature fluctuations have created a condition in which the nozzle is not hot enough to melt the filament at the extruded rate, causing the extruder gears to grind the filament (causing a break and subsequent jam).

My company purchased this printer in June of this year and have had maybe 3 successful prints out of it.

Does anyone have a source for troubleshooting material on this series of printer or where I can begin?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Pro2 Temperature Fluctuations/Jams

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:47 pm

If heat the nozzles and move the extruder around manually, whether the nozzle temperature will change?
Have you ever tried with reconnect the 14 pin cable on both extruder board and motion controller board sides to see whether the issue has been solved or not?

Mattrick2oo3

Postby Mattrick2oo3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Vicky,

Yes, I have tried to move the print head around manually to simulate the condition as well as giggling all wires and I can't reproduce it.

I have re-seated the 14 pin connector a few times and the problem persists.

The problem is intermittent, can't seem to reproduce it by moving wires or the print head, have already tried the "re-seat" connector solution I've read in several other posts.

Please direct me where to go from here.

Thanks.

Mattrick2oo3

Postby Mattrick2oo3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:15 pm

And why does it take almost an entire day for the posts to show up on this forum?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:44 pm

I'm still wondering whether the issue is related to bad ribbon cable or maybe it is just related loose connection.
You may can consider to open a support ticket to reach to our technicians and give them all the information related to your issue to diagnose and ask for a modification ribbon cable fixing kits to make sure your ribbon cable being properly seated and fixed at the terminal.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Mattrick2oo3 wrote:And why does it take almost an entire day for the posts to show up on this forum?

Because all the new posts will go to manual review to get approved to verify whether it is not from any spam account. Normally the process takes 2-3 working days to go through all the new posts.

aminev

Postby aminev » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:42 pm

HelloI have the same problem. Stop printing. the nozzle is too low temperature, after you move the cable to 14 pin, the temperature shows 170 instead of 225,I moved the cable 14 pin, and everything works. Detail 30 hours of printing, 4 times stop printing, what to do

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:58 am

aminev wrote:HelloI have the same problem. Stop printing. the nozzle is too low temperature, after you move the cable to 14 pin, the temperature shows 170 instead of 225,I moved the cable 14 pin, and everything works. Detail 30 hours of printing, 4 times stop printing, what to do

Would prefer you share some pictures of the connector of your 14pin cable with our technicians at http://help.raise3d.com. Before our technicians verify the condition of your printer, please do not leave it heat and print with no people around for long time.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Check the red and white cables going to the thermistor coming out of the green terminal blocks on the extruder board. If you look at the picture you can see in the left terminal that the white wire crosses over the top of the red wire (this was before I fixed it) and very randomly the wires would shift just right and they would touch each other and cause temperature fluctuations. Take them out, re-position them so that they do not cross over one another and I bet your problem will go away. I was unable to recreate this when I wiggled the wires or moved the print head around I just took a guess and it worked. I went from having the temperature fluctuate every day to no issues for the last 4-5 months.

IMG_0764 (1).JPG

Return to “Pro2 Series”