How to tighten nozzles?

Jason

How to tighten nozzles?

Postby Jason » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:52 am

I replaced the brass nozzles with hardened steel ones, following the directions on the steel nozzle product page, but I ended up with both hot ends leaking, one from between the nozzle and the heating block, the other out the heater block holes for the set screws, heater rod, and temperature probe.

Is there some trick to tightening the nozzles?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: How to tighten nozzles?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Make sure that there has an obvious gap between nozzle heating block then do a final tighten for the nozzle. Or it will be hard to judge whether the nozzle is touching the throat tube or not.

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:26 pm

I did that. Is it possible maybe I overnighted them? How much torque should be applied?

RonniCox1

Postby RonniCox1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:17 pm

I've also heard it helps to heat up the entire hot end before the final tighten. I tried that after the last time my nozzle leaked, and it hasn't done it again yet. It's tedious, since you have to put the whole head back together, wait for it to heat up, and use tools to hold the heating block while you tighten the nozzle, but I definitely felt the nozzle tighten more than usual when I let it heat up first.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Make sure everything is clean enough and do a final tighten when warm as RonniCox1 said can avoid gap caused by leak filament.

Return to “Pro2 Series”