Truing of the print bed?

Dreed

Truing of the print bed?

Postby Dreed » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 am

So, I've got a question regarding the pro2plus, noticed that there are 13 points where it´s possible to adjust the print bed.
These points are each two "pins"for raising the bed and one "bolt" to lower and secure it. Is this true for all 13 points cause I've had some issues printing larger objects and I've noticed that my middle "adjustment point" only have the two "pins" and not the middle bolt which makes me question if i´m missing a "bolt" how good the levelling could have been from the factory?
Any ideas?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Truing of the print bed?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Normally we only recommend to check and tune the screws sets in four corners, unless you find some other sections are significantly out of level.
All Pro2 beds are without the screw in center of the bed by default.
For the leveling from factory, we have got some feedbacks from users that the bed are leveled properly without any further tuning out of box. But we still suggest you to check the Z offset and levelness before the first print, especially large volume print, in case any change of the levelness happens during long-time shipping.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:07 pm

I found that out of the box my bed level was great. But after printing for a few weeks I started having warping and failures of my abs prints because of curling off of the bed. I checked my bed for level again and found that it was dipped down in the front pretty significantly for some reason. So I re leveled using all screw locations and it is back to printing beautifully again without issue.

The bed leveling is a mess, I can't believe you guys haven't come up with a better solution for this yet, but it is doable. It just takes a LONG time. I found that it was easiest to do it by loosing the nut and adjusting the 2 set screws for the heated bed platform as needed then retighten the nut. I think this is different from their recommended process but seems to work better in my opinion.

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:34 pm

There is a better way...... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21
;)

Oops! Just realized this is the Pro2 forum. Not sure if this would work on a pro2 but I don't see why not since it seems not much was changed in the leveling from the N2.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48 am

Thank you sir. I knew I read that somewhere on here. I was thinking of doing something similar. I may give this a go on my machine. This was a royal pain in the rear as currently designed!!

I like the concept here, but I may do some things differently.

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Anytime! We were having issues with the bed warping between PLA (60C) and PETG (90C). The original method did seem to hold but adjusting was a royal pain and it didn't hold between different bed temperatures.

We ran the setup & parts JohnSays posted in that thread. At first we tried a 5 point system with the middle and four corners but that wasn't enough. We then added the four outer mid points (between the corners) and that worked great! We still get a little difference between temperatures but it's usually not worth adjusting unless it's a very large print.

I also highly suggest a dial mount for bed leveling. It makes the job MUCH easier.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks for the tips. I will do something similar.

Return to “Pro2 Series”