Raise3D Pro2 Clicking, Stops Extruding, Cold-Side Clogs

nh43de

Raise3D Pro2 Clicking, Stops Extruding, Cold-Side Clogs

Postby nh43de » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Hey everyone

Pro2 is a great printer but I have this recurring issue where the cold side clogs.

I believe this is due to the retraction settings - it seems to compress the filament upon retraction - please see image below.

Steps to reproduce -

1) start HIPS + Amphora (colorFabb 90-175-354 nGen Filament, 1.75 mm Diameter, White) print with normal settings, raft, and ooze shield (Amphora nozzle temp - 208C, heat plate 110C, HIPS temp 265C, have tested retraction distance between 1.5 - 3.5mm ) - works fantastically at first
2) wait for about 30 minutes
3) Unit stops extruding and begins to click

Notes:

1) this causes extruder failure that requires unloading (requires user to pull with force), then loading filament. After unloading then loading again it works fine.
2) feed mechanism and teeth gears get clogged due to continual retraction and compression that causes distortion in the filament diameter (pic below)

IMG_7160.jpg

3) hot end is not clogged
4) print is perfect (good layer cohesion, no oozing, good bed adhesion, crisp outlines) until clog
5) disabling retraction helps alleviate this but leads to unwelcome oozing
6) have not tried to lower retraction speeds or reduce retraction beyond 1.5mm
Last edited by nh43de on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raise3D Pro2 Clicking, Stops Extruding, Cold-Side Clogs

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Would you like to give more details about your filament?
Which side has clicking issue? Which brand and color of the two filament you are currently using?

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Yes same here. After 4 dass of Fine Printen and solved my Ribbon Cable Problem,, oh wait there is The next Problem.:-(

Clicking clicking and no idea whats The Problem from one to The other Second ..
Im so tired of Problem solving.

All works fine use PrintRhino Pla like ever. 205-215 heating is good but nothing helps .
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

Donna Zimmerman

Postby Donna Zimmerman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:03 am

Sounds similar to my issue. I am using PLA Premium and it stopped printing in the middle of a print. I heard clicking in the left extruder (The one that stopped- I was trying dual extrusion). I tried several simple prints but it failed to extrude. I could lift the guide tube and feel the filament raising up and down, but still heard clicks and got no extrusion. I unloaded. It failed- had to pull on it, still didn't come out, so I loaded it again and it extruded just fine. Tried unload again and it came out. Looked normal. Loaded it again- looked normal. Tried a print, nothing came out and heard clicking.
Have not tried taking apart the extruder. Is there a diagram or instructions? I don't know how much compression to put on those springs on the side.

Korni

Postby Korni » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 am

The same for me, I'm afraid at every print if it goes well and not again the clicking occurs and the extruding stops.
Both nozzles. Especially Filamentum filament.
I have the "long" path between coil and extruder in suspicion. The extruder engine seems too weak.
Sometimes it helps to increase the contact pressure on the extruder by means of a screw
Pro2+ Image

marcel1992

Postby marcel1992 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:25 am

I have excacly the same isue!! About few hours after start print the filament start clicking... And the printed parts must go to the bin... I have the problem with the Fiberlogy PLA filament, PVA Filament... The stepper motors was very hot and I think this is the main problem!! Why you do nothing with it?? Do you have any solutions to solve this problem?

marcel1992

Postby marcel1992 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:27 am

I have excacly the same isue!! About few hours after start print the filament start clicking... And the printed parts must go to the bin... I have the problem with the Fiberlogy PLA filament, PVA Filament... The stepper motors was very hot and I think this is the main problem!! Why you do nothing with it?? Do you have any solutions to solve this problem?

Insomnia

Postby Insomnia » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:14 pm

I have the same issue on my right extruder. It only seems to occur after an hour of printing or so. It is not the filament as the same roll works fine in the left extruder. I've reported this to tech support but shelved the issue for now as it takes too long to duplicate and I don't have the time to troubleshoot it right now. The last time this happened I had to disassemble the extuder and brute force the filament out as it it seems to mushroom inside the feeder.

nh43de

Postby nh43de » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to give more details about your filament?
Which side has clicking issue? Which brand and color of the two filament you are currently using?

It's the colorFabb 90-175-354 nGen Filament, 1.75 mm Diameter/750 g White filament (Amphora AM3300)

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Ok i solved it. I cleaned the Throat Tube and not it works fine. I think they have small dirt inside and that stock.
Print again nice.
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

nh43de

Postby nh43de » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 am

Any solutions here? After diagnosing and switching to hardened nozzles, still have the same problem.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:02 am

nh43de wrote:Any solutions here? After diagnosing and switching to hardened nozzles, still have the same problem.

Do you have any extrusion issue with the PLA filament coming together with your printer?

nh43de

Postby nh43de » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
nh43de wrote:Any solutions here? After diagnosing and switching to hardened nozzles, still have the same problem.

Do you have any extrusion issue with the PLA filament coming together with your printer?

I haven't tested on the right nozzle yet but it works fine on the left nozzle.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 pm

nh43de wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

I haven't tested on the right nozzle yet but it works fine on the left nozzle.

The left nozzle cannot print your nGen properly but print original PLA properly even after meeting extrusion with other filament?

Donna Zimmerman

Postby Donna Zimmerman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 am

I bought this printer so I could use various materials. I'm not satisfied with pla premium yet. I'm afraid anything else is going to just be worse. More suggestions, please!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:12 am

Donna Zimmerman wrote:I bought this printer so I could use various materials. I'm not satisfied with pla premium yet. I'm afraid anything else is going to just be worse. More suggestions, please!

Just want to confirm whether your printer has any hardware issue first, and we are familiar with the print result with our own filament. It will be easier for us to confirm the print result with our PLA first. If no issue, then tune the settings for other materials.

carver0510

Postby carver0510 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:11 am

I have also a similar problem when printing TPU. The first 30 to 40 Minutes it prints perfect. But then there is a clicking sound (as you descripte in the first post) and the filament stop feeding. But the nozzle isn't clogged. Because the filament still run out of the nozzle until nothing is there. At the moment the problem occours only with TPU. PETG works fine. But the stepper motor of the feeder is getting very hot. Also the second Motor, although it is not moving (no filament loaded). I print with no top cover.
Could it be a thermal problem?

Ronvp

Postby Ronvp » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm

I had the same issue.. this worked for me: http://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11086#p36685

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:42 am

We do have seen several reports about high temperature of extruder motors on Pro2 printers.
We are currently working on a software solution to try to reduce the temperature of motor. Hope can achieve and release to public soon.

SchMax

Postby SchMax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:13 am

hello @ all!

i now have a very similar problem:

a vew hours into a prin, i get a clicking noise from the extruder motor area, and the printer doesn't print anymore.
when i pause the print an reload the filament it works fine again.........for like 5-30min..... then it starts clicking again...

is there a solution for this already?
or do i have to put my upper portion of the printhead apart and look for an anomaly?

greetings
Raise3D Pro2
Flashforge Finder

3D Printing of Architecture Models

Return to “Pro2 Series”