Truing the bed

totalnewb100

Truing the bed

Postby totalnewb100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 pm

I am sure there are other post's about this issue. I have an N2 which I have been fighting with truing the bed. I have tried loosening everything to find a good point to start truing, but every time I raise up the sides, the center point goes up a full 10/1000 of an inch. Does anyone have any advise or modifications to keep the center point from raising?
I have the bed heated to 75 C using PLA.

Alex M.

Re: Truing the bed

Postby Alex M. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:23 pm

totalnewb100 wrote:I am sure there are other post's about this issue. I have an N2 which I have been fighting with truing the bed. I have tried loosening everything to find a good point to start truing, but every time I raise up the sides, the center point goes up a full 10/1000 of an inch. Does anyone have any advise or modifications to keep the center point from raising?
I have the bed heated to 75 C using PLA.

If you are still using the Raise3D original bed leveling adjustments, I highly suggest you look at this thread. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21

This is one of the first modifications we did since it was completely reversible. We used the spring and stl files JohnSays posted and found the closest equivalent screws to what he suggested. At first we just used 5 points (the center and corners) but soon found that there were still dips between the adjustment which we couldn't level. We then went to 9 points (adding the four center screws along the outer edge) and have had a very stable bed that rarely needs adjustments at any one temperature.

I also highly suggest that you print out a dial gauge mount which will make the leveling a LOT easier. Hope this helps!

totalnewb100

Postby totalnewb100 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 pm

I have done the modification and am at 5 points for right now. I have a dial that I currently mount to the front of the heads but a printed one might be easier to get into the corners. Thanks for the heads up.

Fiesel

Postby Fiesel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:23 pm

For me it was the original glass plate which always bulged out in the center and prevented a truly flat bad.
So i retired the glass and bought a buildtak flex plate in april, levelled it once and am printing without rafts and readjusting ever since.

Return to “N Series”