Hot end fan seems to be jammed, causing nozzle jams

3DPProfessor

Hot end fan seems to be jammed, causing nozzle jams

Postby 3DPProfessor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm experiencing frequent nozzle jams. After support recommended I change out the whole hot end, which I did, I got a few good prints, but it's back to jamming now. Then I noticed that the left side hot end fan isn't running when it should.

A while back I had a major print failure wrap around the hot end and it got some loose filament in the fan. I've cleaned it out as best I can but intermittently the fan won't start now unless I give it a couple of nudges with my finger. Could this be related to the jam? How difficult is it to replace the fan and is that possibly related to my problem?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Hot end fan seems to be jammed, causing nozzle jams

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:48 am

Not proper cooling may cause jam. Cooling fan is providing cool air to keep throat tube and other parts above throat tube not reaching to high temperature which may filament gets soft too early before reaching to nozzle and heating block. Or filament will be soft and stuck before reaching to the nozzle and the coming filament will not be possible to push in.
If your printer is a Pro2 series one, you can find cooling fan installation guide under product page:
https://www.raise3d.asia/products/extru ... ooling-fan
If your printer is a N series one, the steps will be similar just the fan duct looks a little different with Pro2's.

Return to “N Series”