N2 Plus - axis shifting issue during print

feron

N2 Plus - axis shifting issue during print

Postby feron » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Hello all,

I'm having an intermittent problem (that is becoming increasingly more prevalent!) occuring during any print that takes more than 45 minutes or so.
Basically what is happening is the printer is I guess...slipping off it's coordinates somehow?
This has been going on for a few months, but I always thought it was a problem with the slicer somehow as it may occur on the same model but if I went back and reloaded it (invariably in a different position) it would turn out fine.
Now I believe this is a purely mechanical issue as I was actually in the room today and there was a brief grinding noise and the print was proceeding about an inch off on the x axis.
Note, this occurs on both x and y (or at least in the example photo something majorly occurred on one which could have affected the other I suppose.).

The unit didn't come with any real hardware breakdown manual or anything, so I'm sort of at a loss as to what to investigate.
All the belts seem as tight as they ever were and all the slides are lubed properly.

As you can see in the photo (top of eye sockets) the shift can be quite dramatic, something is obviously getting stuck then it just goes back on it's merry way.
Attachments
IMG_20181023_145141.jpg

Return to “N Series”