Filament jamming

dmtulsa

Filament jamming

Postby dmtulsa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:25 pm

I have a N2-V2. For a few months I had no problems in this area but it started jamming up when I start a print. I stop the print and clear the jam in the nozzle and feed tube and reload the filament, it's loads fine. By the time the print starts it's gotten cold and it's all jammed up again even thought the temperature is set to the upper range of the material. No matter what I try I just clogs up prior to printing. Even if I go directly from loading at a pretty high temp directly to printing, in the time that that takes it gets cold and jams.
This happens with any filament from PLA to nylon. Changes nozzles, cleaned everything inside and out, tried different tempatures and nothing seems to work.
Maybe one out of 10 times I can go from loading to printing and it will work (hold the heat) but the 9 times it doesn't work it takes 20 minutes to take it apart and clean. That's crazy waste of time. No fans are on by the way. Even taken the right hot end which is seldom used and put it on the left. No change.
Any Ideas? This is just the latest problem among many others I've had with this printer since new. 6-7 months now

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Filament jamming

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Do you mean you have seen nozzle temperature suddenly goes to lower temperature during loading or printing? And back to high value later?
Have you checked your wiring of thmocoupler and ribbon cable before? Is your printer a dual-extruder one? Does the right nozzle also have the similar temperature drop issue?

harrelsontrumpets

Postby harrelsontrumpets » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:47 pm

I have a piece of garbage Pro2 Plus that does the EXACT SAME THING.
I can load and unload filament just fine, but as soon as I press print, the nozzle jams because the temperature suddenly drops.
This happens on both nozzles on my machine. I have literally only had one successful print with this machine in over a month due to this stupid issue. I'm so very sorry I bought a Raise3D printer.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:43 pm

harrelsontrumpets wrote:I have a piece of garbage Pro2 Plus that does the EXACT SAME THING.
I can load and unload filament just fine, but as soon as I press print, the nozzle jams because the temperature suddenly drops.
This happens on both nozzles on my machine. I have literally only had one successful print with this machine in over a month due to this stupid issue. I'm so very sorry I bought a Raise3D printer.

Would you like to reach to our tech support at http://help.raise3d.com?
We don't recommend to use your printer until the temperature dropping issue you mentioned has been confirmed or it may have chance to do harm to your printer.

harrelsontrumpets

Postby harrelsontrumpets » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 pm

No worries, the printer is completely unusable.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
harrelsontrumpets wrote:I have a piece of garbage Pro2 Plus that does the EXACT SAME THING.

Would you like to reach to our tech support at http://help.raise3d.com?
We don't recommend to use your printer until the temperature dropping issue you mentioned has been confirmed or it may have chance to do harm to your printer.

Return to “N Series”