How tight do you make the Bondtech Spring Bolts?

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:34 am

Their instructions seemed to miss out various inportant details

jetdillo

Re: How tight do you make the Bondtech Spring Bolts?

Postby jetdillo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:29 pm

What's worked for me over the past 10 months or so is this:
With no filament loaded and the "latch" closed, turn the spring screw until you get solid, finger-tight resistance, but don't push it.
From there, back off 2 whole turns. Load the (non-flexible) filament of you choice and print a calibration cube. Look for skips or under-extrusion problems. If everything went well, then you're good from there. If there are signs of under-extrusion or if the Bondtech "clicked" or jammed during the print, give it a quarter turn and try again.

There's no perfect, magical setting, you need to fiddle with it a bit to get it right for your filament, especially when it comes to flexible filaments.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks and how would flexible filaments differ like ninjaflex?

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Spikeysonic wrote:Thanks and how would flexible filaments differ like ninjaflex?

jetdillo wrote:There's no perfect, magical setting, you need to fiddle with it a bit to get it right for your filament, especially when it comes to flexible filaments.

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Spikeysonic wrote:Thanks and how would flexible filaments differ like ninjaflex?

As Ninjaflex TPE is super-stretchy and needs to be basically be dragged kicking and screaming into the hot-end, you need to crank down more. It's been a while since I've printed flexible things, but I seem to recall something like tightening back 1 whole turn after getting to the initial set-point I described. Since getting TPE just to load and push through the nozzle successfully is half the battle, you should be most of the way there once you can do that. If the extruder jams when loading, just tighten down a bit more while unloading and clearing the jam. :)
Good luck!

Return to “N Series”