Y-Axis Home position overshoots build plate edge

libjbcim

Y-Axis Home position overshoots build plate edge

Postby libjbcim » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Have been using the dual extruder N2+ for a couple months. I've noticed the Home position for the Y-Axis is just a bit over the edge of the build plate almost 2.0mm (image attached). The limit switch does not appear to be bent or damaged in any way, and I'm able to move the position of X,Y and Z no problem with the manual controls. This doesn't seem to affect the print job in any way, and if I were printing all the way in the front for some reason, I could just loosen the build plate clips and slide it forward, or manually adjust the Y start position to 2.0. But I would like the Home position to be correct, so if anyone has any ideas ... Thanks
Attachments
Y-Axis.jpg
Y-Axis overshoot

Alex M.

Re: Y-Axis Home position overshoots build plate edge

Postby Alex M. » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:54 pm

I believe this is completely normal. Our N2+ does the same thing when homing. Both the X & Y home positions are off the plate. Never had any issues.

libjbcim

Postby libjbcim » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Well, that is good news I suppose. Thank you!

Mike100370

Postby Mike100370 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:30 pm

I think it is supposed to do this. Mine does it also and purges at the beginning of a build job. Otherwise it would purge on the build surface.

tja

Postby tja » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:29 pm

I have an N1, so there may be a difference between models, but I just slide my build plate forward a mm or two then the nozzle homes on the plate. During priming it goes through an up/down routine that is usually very effective at getting the nozzle cleaned up and ready to go.

With the nozzle homing off the plate, don't you have to catch the primed filament 'waste' as it traverses to start a a print?

Return to “N Series”