Pre-Load

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
Jfaurbo

Pre-Load

Postby Jfaurbo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:30 pm

I don't know if it is taboo, but there is a feature in KisSlicer that I find is extremely effective.

Pre-load is G-Code Equivalent to K Value in the printer... however the implementation is far more accurate than the K Value used within some of the Printer Firmware. I think that your software is already doing this but there is no option to adjust. I would like to be able to have this as a material option for my materials.

Jetguy

Re: Pre-Load

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:40 pm

My immediate concern is that when you do this in gcode, you are breaking a segment into smaller starting and ending segments to specify these specific extrusion reasons. Again, just understand the mechanics logistics of doing this at the slicer VS doing it in firmware.

Given we print from USB streaming gcode from the front panel and we've proven and recently hit that segmentation limit-I'd generally caution as considering this experimental, and much better implemented in firmware VS slicer and resulting gcode.

All i'm saying is, caution here, as a system end to end with Ideamaker being a slicer, requesting this feature, potentially making it a default to improve print quality- given the overall system, there are situations and prints this whole concept makes the print worse, not better.
Again, great to have the option, but a far better understanding of what is actually being done, how that plays with known architecture limitations- I feel telling them to get the firmware right and do this at the firmware level is the far smarter approach.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Again, nothing you asked it taboo. Recommending an alternate slicer or pointing out a feature, nothing wrong in and of itself with that.

What i'm trying to foster here is a better understanding of the hardware side of this, what known things we have going on in Raise 3D printers, and then understanding how such a change can impact some of the fixed situation that exists.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Again, as I read your statement, this is a slicer based advanced system of what one might find a near cousin of "coast".
To my knowledge, coast only affects the end of the segment (deceleration or braking) and simply is like an on/off switch for extrusion. It simply stops extruding early, and then coasts that last little segment. This advanced system you described would also break the front segment, and may do so in a way with even finer multiple short segments to ramp up the exruder pressure, and then likely the same at the end.

For reference, the segmentation limits discussions and results viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6776&p=27238&hilit=stutter#p27238

Return to “Software”