total print time reporting

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
walshlg

total print time reporting

Postby walshlg » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:13 pm

It woud be very helpful to know how long it ACTUALLY took to print something. I understand that there is no feedback from the motion board BUT you could time from the start of loading gcode until the temperature drops.

Jetguy

Re: total print time reporting

Postby Jetguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Latest LCD update already does this under dashboard. It gives you not only the total amount of both time in active print hours and total filament used by the printer (wear and tear numbers if you like that kind of thing) and then each job individually has it's most recent numbers too.
Print statistics.jpg

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Dashboard is found under the print tab (same place you select the storage location of the file you want to print).
Dashboard.jpg

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Also, be sure to check the settings for retention options of this data. By default the setting is off meaning a long list of every print job is retained since you updated to the latest LCD update (because the data didn't exist until you updated and actually printed a job using the new update). Again, by default, it keeps the long list of all jobs. I have mine set to clear it so only the most recent job was listed. (Sorry, using pictures I had for some of this so mismatch of portrait vs landscape depending on printer LCD style).
Home screen.jpg

DSC04975.JPG

DSC04976.JPG

DSC04978.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 am

By the way, dashboard will only record the totally complete print. Which means only when the Done button jumps out, it will save into dashboard.
If you stop the print before the Done button shown up, the print time will not be saved into dashboard.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks All

Return to “Software”