Pausing Print NOT pausing!!!

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
Omojesu

Pausing Print NOT pausing!!!

Postby Omojesu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Hello Raisers,

Help again please!!!!

This problem has been festering for some time now. Each time I pause print it does not immediately pause.
On this occasion I have been waiting for over 15mins for the pause to take effect so that I can change filament but not only is it not pausing, every other function is disabled so I have switched off the machine in order to 'recover last task' and in so doing quickly changed filament.

This looks like a problem on the touch screen software, can we get a patch to resolve this problem please??????????????????
Attachments
IMG_3876.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Pausing Print NOT pausing!!!

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:44 am

Did the print stop in final or not before power off?
Which version of screen firmware are you using?

Omojesu

Postby Omojesu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:17 pm

I paused the print BEFORE end of print so that I could change filament. Nothing happened for over 10 minutes so I switched off.
Firmware version 1.1.1

Thank you

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 am

Would you like to advise the version of Raise Touch, should be something like, 0.7.0.998 or 0.9.2.1001?

Does it mean that the nozzle movement and extruding doesn't stop after 10 mins after shoot the pause button? And the loading icon keeps on rotating for over 10 mins with printing is still going?

Omojesu

Postby Omojesu » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 am

Version is 0.9.2.1026

Nozzle movement and extruding DOES STOP after pressing PAUSE. But loading icon keeps rotating for upward of 10 TO 15 MINS SO I SWICHED OFF!

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:56 pm

This would go a lot better for you if you inserted the pause gcode into the print file at the layer you wanted to stop at.

I understand your frustration but what you do not seem to get is that there are some fundamental limitations of a 2 board control system and firmware. Beating your head against the wall in anger demanding a change- it's not going to help you get this or any other job completed. You have every right to be upset, I am not disputing that and we all wish a combined change of both firmwares would assist in this and other issues, but it's not likely to happen overnight.

Listening to what I'm about to tell you would have you pausing exactly when you want it to without error.
Read this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=703&p=7895&hilit=pause+gcode#p6592

BLUF- Bottom Line Up Front
Add M2000 to the gcode file where you want to insert a pause

Details about it:
M2000 is an empty code to motion controller board.
But for screen board, it is a pause code. When screen board get this code, it will pause the print and motion controller board will get an empty code. It will stop until the screen board tells it to move again.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 am

If the print doesn't stop after shoot the pause, normally it is due to it hasn't complete the last code. So the board hasn't read the pause yet.
If you can reproduce the problem again, you can export the serial log during waiting the pause. And share with us for double check.

Omojesu

Postby Omojesu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Jetguy wrote:This would go a lot better for you if you inserted the pause gcode into the print file at the layer you wanted to stop at.

I understand your frustration but what you do not seem to get is that there are some fundamental limitations of a 2 board control system and firmware. Beating your head against the wall in anger demanding a change- it's not going to help you get this or any other job completed. You have every right to be upset, I am not disputing that and we all wish a combined change of both firmwares would assist in this and other issues, but it's not likely to happen overnight.

Listening to what I'm about to tell you would have you pausing exactly when you want it to without error.
Read this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=703&p=7895&hilit=pause+gcode#p6592

BLUF- Bottom Line Up Front
Add M2000 to the gcode file where you want to insert a pause

Details about it:
M2000 is an empty code to motion controller board.
But for screen board, it is a pause code. When screen board get this code, it will pause the print and motion controller board will get an empty code. It will stop until the screen board tells it to move again.

Wow, such caustic insight, glad am not in the same room with you but thanks for technical info that is jargon to me, I am still learning, Sir!

Omojesu

Postby Omojesu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If the print doesn't stop after shoot the pause, normally it is due to it hasn't complete the last code. So the board hasn't read the pause yet.
If you can reproduce the problem again, you can export the serial log during waiting the pause. And share with us for double check.

WHERE DO I GET THE SERIAL LOG FROM?

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm

You will probably want to use a USB stick. On the Touch Screen after reproducing the issue, click settings icon, the gear in the upper right corner of the screen. In resulting Machine display the bottom option is More Settings, click that. Under More setting is an option for Serial Port Log. At the top is an Expot button, then choose where to send the log , USB or SD card.

Omojesu

Postby Omojesu » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Many thanks Brandon, appreciated!

Return to “Software”