Ideamaker potential to go viral, beyond the N-Series

IdeaMaker Discussion
firesped

Ideamaker potential to go viral, beyond the N-Series

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 am

Maker's Muse, Angus Deveson, gave a shout out that he used Ideamaker to slice models on Kodama's current kickstarter for the Obsidan. in this video. https://youtu.be/FeUfEd4Xr5Q

In a thread on Obsidan closed group for the video, I replied Go Go Ideamaker.

Angus Deveson I'm really liking ideamaker :D will do a vid on it in future.

followed by this reply.

Joel Telling Angus Deveson ideaMaker is solid, and they keep updating it. That's a really good thing.

I think one feature might push it to the viral point. the ability to export and import custom printer settings. users could build a database of printers that would make it easier for people to setup other printers in Ideamaker.

the feature to export and import custom printer settings, also need to copy over the filament printer settings for selected filament times. It also may be to add those default filament types when it imports the settings. Other printers may not use the same flowrates on filament as the N-series, this is why I think selecting those for import.

what it needs:
main printer settings
selected filament types
slicing profiles for the selected filament types

if default filaments are used, needs to not create dublicate filament types. but still add the slicing profiles for the new printer.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Ideamaker potential to go viral, beyond the N-Series

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:48 am

Noted, we will improve the current templates import, export to include the filament and printer settings.

Return to “ideaMaker”